Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015

In 2015 I will _______________________ .


That is the statement that always starts it all every New Year. Every New Year's eve I sit and reflect on all the goals I set, met, forgot about, and spontaneously added. The last day of 2014 was much the same, but I realized I have drastically jumped off my wellness wagon so to speak. 

My schedule has been keeping up with the non-stop crazy pace of Seoul, South Korea. My body has decided that I needed to acquire some new EpiPen quality allergies. Also, did you know you could suddenly get asthma as an adult? Why yes, yes you can. I have spent the last year adapting to my new environment, and in the last 6 months I have been trying to get this asthma thing under control. 

I've gone from running 4 days a week, 3-6 miles at a time, to pathetically being winded by the time I walk up the 2 flights of stairs to our villa. My healthy set meals have become plagued with amazing calorie packed food choices, and grab and go eats because I'm always on the move. I honestly have not been making conscious healthy food choices. Plus in my efforts to control this new found asthma I've practically given up anything that will trigger an attack. 

My reflections are overwhelming, and I'm sure I'm not alone. Where do you start? By taking baby steps. Start small and before you know it you've reached your goals. Little changes make big differences. So my statement will be...


In 2015 I will take baby steps towards reaching my total wellness goals of body, mind, and soul.

~Jess~

No comments:

Post a Comment